Thursday, August 25, 2005

Week 15 Day 6

I went for a job interview today. It was for a permanent position. What will an employer say when, after a month, I become obviously pregnant. The employer will be miffed is the opinion of several men I surveyed. But they have no right to be angry! I have no obligation to disclose my pregnancy. That would be discrimination! "Everyone's got a right to be angry," said Aaron.

As you may be able to tell from the above argument, I am becoming slightly befuddled. When I came out of a restaurant restroom yesterday, I had no idea where we were sitting. Then, the fog cleared enough for me to find my way back to food. I ate mussels, plump ones, but Baby was confused by their sea smell.

I am still able to hide my pregnancy pretty well in my one-button pant suit. The jacket button goes right above my belly and hides things perfectly. I find this surprising, since naked I just look so big. Yes, it's official that I weigh 159 lbs. But don't worry, it's mostly gases. That's what the doctor said. (He didn't really say that, I just wish he had.)

Now that I'm over the first trimester don't do anything just sit there with your legs closed tight phase, I'm ready for some exercise. Oops - there seems to be a problem. If you haven't been exercising then you shouldn't begin a program now. That's what a few of the Pilates studios told me. What!? I was taking ballet training prior to my pregnancy. I only stopped for 3 mos because my mom said "No exercise, only light strolling for 20 mins." I took my mother's advice because of my prior miscarriage. I was in no mood for the science establishment's bland advice of "Research has shown that exercise/sex/whatever does not affect the pregnancy." Of course everything affects the pregnancy. Just because they haven't been able to capture it using a scientific method - yet. When there is no research funding for some experiment, i.e. no pharmas can be sold around it, them that scientific experiment just doesn't get done. Enough of the anti medical establishment bandwagon. We all know these truths by now, anyhow.

So, I've decided to return to a beginner's ballet class, just to get in a few plies and tendus to some beautiful Chopin or Mozart. Baby loves that stuff. The first few days after conception, I was still dancing ballet and what a thrill she had in the pirouettes. We got a little dizzy with this one strange stretch though, where you are doing a shoulder stand and then you are upright in a jiffy. That, I believe, was my first pregnancy symptom.

The current symptom that has popped up is gas, tons and tons of it. I belch all day, even after eating fruit or yogurt. It's very upsetting, baby is taking over the colon and digestive system. I couldn't even sleep properly last night, because I like to sleep on my back and there was this cute large baby pressing down on me. But it was like when the cat sleeps on your chest and you use your arm to push it off. I couldn't push baby off, though I had the instinctive desire to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home