Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Week 19 Day 5

Heartburn has set in. I didn't realize what it was at first, a tingling sensation in the chest like the kind you have after drinking peppermint tea. Ah! Heartburn. As soon as I identified it, I started associating it negatively. Who enjoys heartburn? Tingling can be nice.

The doctor advises me to take medicine - Mylanta, Mylox, whatever. Never! I exclaim. Doesn't he know that I do not take drugs. What's going to happen in the delivery room when I refuse the epidural?!! "Why not milk?" I ask. He implies that I am gaining too much weight, perhaps because I'm drinking too much milk. "Well, you are the first person in history probably to tell a pregnant woman not to drink milk!" I say. I'm thoroughly disenchanted by the encounter.

Later that afternoon, I pop a tums. It really does work better than milk. I forgive the doctor.

Today I weighed officially 30 lbs above my dancing weight. I'm going to be a big momma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home